This Page

has been moved to new address

Fleeting Moments

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Fleeting Moments

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fleeting Moments

The day slips by quick.

All too soon they are in their beds, chests rising slowly, breath easy and sweet.

Did I even read them a story today? Yes, two. No, three.

Did I hug them and love them and write the words of God onto their hearts today?

Did I show them the God-man made flesh with my actions or did I drive them away with my busyness?

Two loads washed, dried and put away. Another clean, spread over the couch, the remains of too much ambition and not enough planning. Kitchen cleaned. Living room dusted. Clean dishes pile high in the drying rack and regret weighs heavy.

Did I play? Or simply scold when my work was interrupted by childhood?

Lord, teach me to capture these days for your glory...

to intertwine...
chores with childhood,
laundry with love,
stains with stories,
training with truck races,
and duties with dolls.


Help me to make the most of these fleeting moments!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! We'd love for you to subscribe
to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Amen!

November 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger mama hall said...

beautiful. true. thank you for the reminder.

November 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home