This Page

has been moved to new address

Finished Friday: Hand Print Wall Hanging, Christmas Game, T-shirt Necklace/Scarf, & My Mom's Beautiful Family Tree Wall Mural

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Finished Friday: Hand Print Wall Hanging, Christmas Game, T-shirt Necklace/Scarf, & My Mom's Beautiful Family Tree Wall Mural

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finished Friday: Hand Print Wall Hanging, Christmas Game, T-shirt Necklace/Scarf, & My Mom's Beautiful Family Tree Wall Mural


I'm trying to hold myself accountable to finish some of the projects on my to do list by posting each Friday about a project I've completed. For the most part these projects aren't part of my daily or weekly household chores, although some weeks finishing those items is a challenge all in its own.
I was able to finish a couple different projects this week, so I decided to share both of them.

:: The first is part of my 12 Days of Christmas gifts for my husband. On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Four Tiny Hand Prints
The kids and I painted these small squares of wood black then added their hand prints in white using acrylic paints. After they dried I wrote their names with a white paint marker and put a sealing coat of matte mod podge. I used heavy duty double sided tape to attach the length of ribbon to the backs. I'm still trying to figure out how to attach it to the wall. Any ideas?

Oh, and just for the record, it is not easy to work against the infant grasping reflex! There's definitely a reason Amelia's hand print doesn't look as nice as the others :)

:: Next up is the Cooperative Christmas Game I finished for the kids. You can download a free copy here.

:: I also found a use for old t-shirts with side seams. I used one to make this t-shirt necklace. I also have another in the works made with wider strips for a chunkier, more scarf-like look (a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law).


:: This final project is not mine at all, but I really wanted to share it with you all.

My mom finished this amazing Family Tree Wall Mural. It's in my parents' entrance way and it looks wonderful!


linking to Delicately Constructed, Frugal Friday
What projects have you finished this week?
If you ever want more details on one of the projects I've finished, just let me know. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! We'd love for you to subscribe
to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Judy @ Contented at Home said...

LOVE the handprints! I think it would be so neat to do that here--7 kids from 16 down to 9 months. :-)
Have you thought about hanging them with those Command velcro-like picture hangers?

December 9, 2011 at 12:37 AM  
Anonymous Owatrol Paint Additive said...

The family tree was awesome. It reminds me of the Black family tree of Harry Potter movie. Such a wonderful wall decoration too, instead of wallpaper.

December 9, 2011 at 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did your mom get that tree? Is it a decal?

August 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home