This Page

has been moved to new address

Jonathan's Birth Story: Part 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Jonathan's Birth Story: Part 2

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jonathan's Birth Story: Part 2

Just tuning in? Read Part 1: What was I Thinking?

Sorting Through Baby Clothes & Contractions

On the morning of September 23, 2008, I woke up around 4:30 AM to nurse Emahry and lay her back down for a few more hours of sleep. As she nursed, the contractions I had felt throughout my pregnancy seemed stronger than usual, but since they weren't painful I easily dismissed them as the Braxton Hicks variety and went about my normal routine. A couple of hours later, we all got up, Tim left for school, and Emahry and I got about our day.

Around 10 AM, my mom came over to help me sort through a few bins of boy's clothes that Tim's sister had past down to us. By this time I was having contractions every 10 to 30 minutes. However, they still weren't painful so I wasn't too concerned. I decided to lay down on the couch while my mom lifted up each article of clothing and I told her which bin to place it in.

By noon, I realized that the contractions, although still not painful, were not going away and called our midwives' office to schedule a appointment. Since Tim had no cellphone and I had no way of reaching him, I made the appointment for 3:15 that afternoon because I knew Tim wouldn't be home until 2 PM and it would take us an hour to drive to the midwives' office.

While my mom scurried around the house cleaning and taking care of Emahry I decided to try getting into the tub to slow my contractions, since this is what happened every time I got into the tub during my labor with Emahry. At first Emahry even got into the tub with me, but she soon tired of simply soaking and got out to play.

At 1:15 I finally realized that I was probably in true labor (duh!) and even though I wasn't in much pain and thought my labor would be very long like it was the first time around I asked my mom to call Tim's school and have them try to track him down. They weren't able to find him, but thankfully he arrived home at exactly 2 PM.

Read On... Put the Petal to the Metal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! If this is your first time here you may want
to subscribe to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home