This Page

has been moved to new address

Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Chunky Applesauce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Chunky Applesauce

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Chunky Applesauce

This past week, Emahry & I made chunky applesauce in the crock pot. It's so easy, healthy, & delicious. We didn't even feel the need to add sugar, the apples were sweet enough on their own.

Start with a bunch of apples, cut and slice into thin chunks. For chunky applesauce, there's no need to peel the apples (that's the part I love).



Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray and fill with apple chunks. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Stir occasionally if you're home.


Now you have beautifully chunky applesauce (& a delicious smelling kitchen). Give a good stir before serving. We think this applesauce is best served warm or piping hot right from the crock pot.

Enjoy!

Here's a bonus: Emahry in her apron.

Check out more crock pot recipes at Dairy of a Stay at Home Mom.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

We just had a bushel of apples given to us by my Husband's uncle and I am going to be making apple sauce with it. Thanks for the recipe.

October 30, 2008 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

October 30, 2008 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

This is so funny! I had planned to share a similar recipe. In fact, I started making it yesterday on the stovetop. I checked on it and then went to nurse the baby. The bottom of the apples burned before I could get back to them!!! Oh well.

October 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This lokos good. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

October 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Looks so good and the little one with the apron is just adorable :)

October 30, 2008 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I make a similiar recipe every September in my class with my students. This year was my favorite. I used Gala apples (I didn't peel mine either) and chunked them. I usually use Granny Smith and while the applesauce is good, it's not near as good with sweet apples. I let the students each put a packet of Equal in the crockpot and shake some cinamon in. The smells enticed us all day. We ate it at the end of the day! Delicious!

October 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

This looks so much better than the applesauce that I was trying to make. Thanks for the instructions. I saw apples last week for $.50 a pound. I might try this yet!

November 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home