This Page

has been moved to new address

Jonathan's Birth Story: Part 4

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Jonathan's Birth Story: Part 4

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jonathan's Birth Story: Part 4

Feeling lost? Catch up by reading Part 1: What was I Thinking?, Part 2: Sorting Through Baby Clothes & Contractions, and Part 3: Put the Petal to the Metal.

I Can't Get Out
At 3:45 PM, Tim pulled our van in front of the hospital's main doors. At precisely the same moment, Jonathan's head began to crown! Tim scrambled to get someone to bring a wheelchair and handed the keys over to the valet attendant.

Tim wheeled the chair to my door and told me to get in. I looked at the chair and said, "I can't get out of the van." Tim looked at me in amazement and told me matter of factly that we didn't come this far to have the baby in the parking lot. I looked back at him and said that if I stood up the baby would be born right there.


Somehow, Tim and one of the hospital worker were able to lift me into the wheelchair and Tim pushed me straight through the doors, flew by the receptionist and told her we were heading to the birthing center.

Tim careened the wheelchair into the elevator and hit the button for the fifth floor. To my utter amazement, he then preceded to hold the elevator door for an elderly man who was approaching. When the man entered the elevator, out of habit and good manners, Tim asked him what floor he needed. The man must have been shocked when he calmly said three and I shouted, "Not three, FIVE!"



Thankfully, Tim was rushed back to the emergency nature of our situation and did not press buttons for any additional floors. When we got to the fifth floor, a nurse met us outside of the birthing center, I guess the receptionist down stairs had alerted them that we were coming. She had a clipboard with paperwork and began asking Tim questions as she opened the door and he wheeled me inside.



Finish it up... We're Interrupting this Tour to Bring You a Special Delivery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! If this is your first time here you may want
to subscribe to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Exciting stuff! When I'm done with my birth story, I'm planning on putting up a Linky so other people can link up their own birth stories and we can all read each other's. I'd love it if you'd join in.

September 15, 2010 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

arrgghh, Your killing me woman. I keep reading and readin and you keep ending with "to be continued" I can't take it! I hope the next one is the last one. ;-D

September 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home