This Page

has been moved to new address

Homemade Whole Wheat Honey Bread Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Homemade Whole Wheat Honey Bread Recipe

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Homemade Whole Wheat Honey Bread Recipe

Today we have a guest post from Pamela of Pamela’s Heavenly Treats.

Hello there, let me introduce myself, my name is Pamela from Pamela's Heavenly Treats, where I make healthy desserts, mostly cupcakes and cookies. I am a wife, mother of 6, homeschool teacher and I have a small Healthy Cupcake & Cookie business. Everything that I make is made with 100% Whole Wheat Flour and my secret ingredients. You will not know that you are eating healthy when you taste these treats.

I thought I would do something a little different for my guest post on A Heart for Home, since their family doesn't use white sugar (including powdered sugar and brown sugar). I thought I would give a recipe for one of my favorite homemade breads. 

My family loves this bread, I made two loaves the other night and only a small portion was left and I ate that portion the next morning for breakfast with my coffee.  It's something about the honey in the whole wheat that makes it so GOOD, when it comes out the oven you have to slice a piece and put some butter on it and taste.  Then you will understand why I love this homemade bread recipe.

Whole Wheat Honey Homemade Bread
There are a lot of steps to this, but that's how it is when you make bread, but once the bread is done and ready to sample, you won’t even care that it took you a little over 2 hours to make this bread!

Here we go:
2 1/3 cups warm water
1/4 cup honey
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 1/2 tbsp yeast
2 1/2 tsp salt
4 3/4 cups whole wheat flour

Combine 2 cups of flour, yeast and salt in the bowl of a mixer.
Add warm water, honey, and melted butter. Mix on low speed until ingredients are combined, then beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes.

Mix in 2 more cups flour and add a little bit more to make a kneadable dough, it will still be soft.
Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until smooth. Put the dough back into the mixing bowl, cover with a wet towel, let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
Punch down the dough, divide it in half, and roll each half out into a rectangular shape, and place into a greased 9x5 inch bread pan.

Cover the loaves with a wet towel and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until doubled.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.  Turn out onto a wire rack to cool before slicing.
Enjoy! It has been a pleasure to come and join you at A Heart for Home, please come and visit me at Pamela's Heavenly Treats for healthy desserts.

Thanks, Pamela for sharing your bread recipe with us! Our family also loves the combination of honey and whole wheat.

Welcome to A Heart for Home! You can easily get
free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Is there a reason she doesn't use her machine to knead the dough? Just curious if it was preference or that is is too much for the machine? Thanks!

March 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Pamela / Pamela's Heavenly Treats said...

Thanks for having me guest post, I so appreciate it :-)

-To answer Liz question: I do have a commercial mixer that can knead my dough but I rather do it old school with kneading the dough by hand :-) You can certanitly let your mixer do the kneading. Maybe I will let the machine knead the dough when I make bread next week, and see how it comes out.

March 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Adelina Priddis said...

that looks and sounds really good! I was thinking of making some bread today, so maybe this is what I'll do.

March 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home