This Page

has been moved to new address

Sensory Activity: Cloud Dough {Finished Friday} come link up your finished projects

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Sensory Activity: Cloud Dough {Finished Friday} come link up your finished projects

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sensory Activity: Cloud Dough {Finished Friday} come link up your finished projects

Scroll down to link up your Finished Friday post (decor, craft, recipe, homeschool project, etc.)

I came across the recipe for cloud dough on Pinterest a little while ago and knew that I wanted to make it for the kids soon.

The cloud dough was extremely easy to make and can be stored away to use again. But, more importantly, our kids LOVED it!

The recipe is so simple: just 8 parts flour to 1 part oil (I’ve read of people using either baby oil or canola oil, but I think just about any cooking oil would work). We had some baby oil on hand that we had been given (and never used) so this was the perfect project for making it useful.

I actually ran out of flour making this so our ratio was more like 6 parts flour to 1 part oil. The finished product still worked really well. Simply measure out the flour and oil and mix them together with your hands for a few minutes. That’s it!

Cloud dough feels like flour when you run your hands through it, but when you press it together it is moldable.

IMG_7097

It’s great for stirring…

IMG_7106

and whisking…

IMG_7101

and serving up pretend meals.

IMG_7098


Our kids have now played with the cloud dough almost every day for an entire week!


Check out all of my Pinterest to Real Life experiences in my Completed Pins board.

Today's Questions: Have you been spending more time outdoors this spring?
I'm trying to hold myself accountable to finish some of the projects on my to do list by posting each Friday about a project I've completed.
Would you like to join in? Link up to your own projects below.

1.
Link to your project post, not your blog's home page, so we can find it easily.
2. Let us know what project you are sharing in your title, for example: Spring Wreath
3. We'd love it if your post links back here so that your readers can come join the fun. Feel free to copy & paste our Finished Friday Button into your post. (Just copy the text in the box below the button, click on the "Edit HTML" tab for your post and paste it there.)


A Heart for Home
Photobucket

Be sure to click the link in the first email to activate your subscription.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Thanks for the invite over. Have a great Easter weekend!

April 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

What a great project! It would be the perfect inside sand box for rainy days. :)

April 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Thanks for the invite :)

April 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Trina at My Walk with God said...

I like this idea for a link up! Thanks!

April 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

what a great idea as a way to keep little ones entertained. Thanks for this post!

April 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah @ Made in USA Challenge said...

I've been looking for ideas for more sensory activities with my toddler. This looks great because it's natural and doesn't require any chemical colorings or additives.

April 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this sand! When my Grandbabies visit next I am making it.
Just linked up Green Enchiladas and am following you now

Evelyn
http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

April 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Scribble Doodle and Draw said...

I've been wanting to make this cloud dough for a while now, but wasn't sure if it would turn out. Now I know it will. Thanks for sharing with the kids co-op.

April 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home