This Page

has been moved to new address

Keeper of My Heart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Keeper of My Heart

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Keeper of My Heart

Recently, I was struck by the words of a song, "Let it be said of us, that our hearts belonged to Jesus."

These words have been playing over and over in my head. Would people say this about me? I have no doubt that people would say I was a good person, even a good wife and mom. I'm fairly confident that people would say I was caring, kind, and giving. People might even say that I followed God and that I desired to do His will, but would they say that my heart belonged to Jesus?

Am I living in such a way that my heart is no longer my own? Am I denying myself and instead responding like Jesus? Are the things that are important to the heart of Christ equally important to me? His word tells us that where our treasure is, there our heart will be also. Are all of my treasures wrapped up in Jesus?

Unfortunately, I have to say that most of the time my heart is completely my own. I struggle against my fleshly desires for control and independence. Even when I strive to follow Christ I rely on my own strength instead of giving complete control to Him. I guess that's why God allows us to go through times of hardship, times when it seems there aren't enough hours in the day, or when we have to function on too few hours of sleep day after day. These times teach us that we can't accomplish anything worthwhile on our own.

Through late night nursing sessions with a newborn and walks back and forth to the bathroom with a sleepy, potty training, toddler God is teaching me yet another lesson. He is quietly whispering, "Lean on me, take my yoke, use my strength, let go, give me your heart & trust in Me."

Day by day, I'm learning to lean on Him more and to trust that my heart is in good hands. I'm learning to see life through the eyes of Christ, to readjust my priorities, and to evaluate the motives of my heart to make sure they are in line with the heart of God.

"Let it be said of us, that our hearts belonged to Jesus."

Will you join me in making this a priority in your life?


Check out more living simply tips at Keeper of the Home.
Also, head over to Heavenly Homemakers for Gratituesday posts.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in it with you, sis. Thank you for allowing Christ's light to shine through you as it does; your life is a blessing to mine.

November 10, 2008 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

It is so hard to give up control to Him. I have issues with this as well. :( Thankful that God loves me and still draws me unto Himself.

November 11, 2008 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

It is very hard to give everything over to God. The women's Bible study we are doing the author talks about living a "palms up life", where you give God everything with open hands. Great post thank you for sharing.

November 11, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I've heard that song over and over...but never really meditated on it before. What a beautiful phrase. Thank you for the encouragement to focus on it.

November 11, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home