This Page

has been moved to new address

Old McDonald Had A ... Jungle??

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Old McDonald Had A ... Jungle??

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Old McDonald Had A ... Jungle??

Our daughter, Emahry, loves animals. In fact, she loves anything that has to do with an animal, reminds her of an animal, or remotely resembles an animal.

One of her favorite songs is Old McDonald Had a Farm. She can't quite sing it, but she sure does have the "E, I, E, I, O" part down. She also loves making the animal noises.

But why stop at farm animals. Sure, cows, horses, pigs, and chickens are nice animals, but Emahry is convinced that Old McDonald has monkeys and tigers, too.

For Emahry, the world is full of possibilities. It's amazing how different the world looks through the eyes of a child. I wonder how many things would be possible for us to do if we left behind all the baggage of the world and saw things the way a child does?

Leave a comment and tell about something funny your child has done or said recently, or how they've helped you look at the world in a new way.

Visit Keeper of the Home for more ideas on living a simply life.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

We have lots of different funny nicknames for Owen. The other day Brian was getting him out of the tub and said, "Come on, Owen." Owen smiled and said, "Good job, Daddy! Called me Owen!"

November 29, 2008 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Jen Milne said...

My 2y/o daughter is so expressive these days. She joyfully tells me all day long, "Mommy, I yike cwouds (clouds)! They bootiful!" "I yike dis dinner, Mommy!" And she breaks out into song an skips through the house singing, "I'm so happy! HAPPY HAPPY!" She is a walking-talking-singing reminder of God's many blessings.

November 30, 2008 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Tristan was riding in the back of the car today on our trip back from the Thanksgiving weekend. He had his stuffed Monkey with him and he tipped him over on his side and hugged him to his chest and said "I gib 'im nursies" then he tipped him back up again, patted him on the back and said "I gib 'im a burp". Reminding me that he notices the important things!!!

November 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home