This Page

has been moved to new address

Simply Celebrating Christmas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Simply Celebrating Christmas

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Simply Celebrating Christmas

This year, I've been looking for a way to help keep our family focused on Jesus during the Christmas season. I thought it would be a great idea to dispaly some of the names of Jesus in our decorations to help remind us of how wonderful a gift he is.

As I search for inspiration, I came across this Names of Jesus Garland, Monica (from The Homespun Heart) made for her open house at The Rusty Robin.


So, I decided to make my own garland. I sat down and made a list of 13 names of Jesus and 2 verses about his birth. Then I typed them up in a pretty font, being sure to leave enough room to cut a circle around each one. I'm using my scrapbook circle cutter to cut out each circle, but you could also just trace a circle from a cup or small bowl. I still need to buy some red & green paper and get it all put together (I'll post finished photos next week), but I thought I'd go ahead and post the idea in case anyone wanted to start their own Names of Jesus Garland.


This garland will look wonderful decorating your home and will help remind you of the amazing gift God sent--his son Jesus.

This would also make a great teacher, neighbor, or hostess gift this Christmas season.

If you'd like the names already typed, just leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send you a PDF file of the names on Monday.

For more Simply Celebrating Christmas ideas visit Keeper of the Home.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely idea! Thank you for sharing it. judy

December 6, 2008 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

I saw that idea and got scrapbook paper to make one as well. It is such a reminder of the most important thing.

December 6, 2008 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I love this! I might try it, too, but I seemed so swamped with things to do that I may need to wait until next year. I'd take the PDF file, though, if you don't mind. You know my address. :-)

December 6, 2008 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

What a great idea! It's beautiful.

Blessings,
Michele

December 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

I would love a copy of the names. What a great idea and it would be perfect for our mantle. thanks!

wallwords@yahoo.com

December 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a good idea!! I think I'm going to do it in my room at school.

December 7, 2008 at 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful idea- I love it! I've been wanting to find a few Christmas crafts that I can use for our home educating, to teach my daughter more about what Christmas means, and this would be perfect.

May I have the file, please? Thanks so much!
keeperofthehome (at) canada (dot) com

December 8, 2008 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Mark and Wendy said...

Allyson-
What a super idea! I found your blog through Karen's link, and I love your blog. (And I now keep a big batch of the dry mix for your oatmeal/cinn. pancakes, too)! Do you mind if I add your link to my blog sidebar of blogs I read? milligansnorth@gmail.com
Thanks!
Wendy
PS: I would greatly appreciate the file of the words of Jesus...one less step to take!

December 11, 2008 at 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like this idea

mpks1968@yahoo.com

pls send me the pdf file

thanks a bunch

February 19, 2009 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger HandmaidforHim (Dawn Gray) said...

If you are still giving away the PDF file of the names of Jesus....I would love to have it. Need to make this garland for our home this year. What a lovely idea. My daughter will love helping to make this!!

Thank you, Dawn Gray
wildwood2010@yahoo.com
sonshineinthewildwood.blogspot.com
sonshineforfamilies.blogspot.com

December 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home