This Page

has been moved to new address

Etsy Shop Showcase ~ Steel Magnolia Creations (25% OFF)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Etsy Shop Showcase ~ Steel Magnolia Creations (25% OFF)

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Etsy Shop Showcase ~ Steel Magnolia Creations (25% OFF)

As many of you know, I greatly enjoy the benefits of babywearing. Being able to hold Emahry & now Jonathan and still get things done around the house has been a tremendous blessing. I'm now embarking on the world of babywearing with pouch slings.

I recently ordered my first sling from Steel Magnolia Creations (http://www.smcreations.etsy.com/). All of the items in their shop are made by Christy Steel, a stay-at-home-mom who enjoys sewing fun and functional gifts for moms. Steel Magnolia Creations also carries aprons, blanket and burp cloth sets, casserole carriers, and nursing covers.

My sling arrived promptly, neatly ironed and folded. The fabric is brown with multi-colored circles and rings and is lined with a pale green. I absolutely love it!

I opened the package while Jonathan was sleeping, but Emahry was more than happy to be the first to try it out. I quickly slid her into the hip carry. It's amazing how easy a pouch sling is to use, even for a first-timer like me. You simply put your head and one arm through the opening and then place the baby or toddler in the pouch created by the folded fabric. I would definitely recommend a pouch sling to new babywearers.

With Emahry in the sling, I began cleaning the living room. Cleaning was so much easier to accomplish while holding her because she wasn't coming behind and making new messes. We normally hold Emahry while we vaccum because she likes to help. The sling made vacuuming a breeze. I was also able to clear off and wipe down the kitchen counters with Emahry sitting contentedly on my hip.

When Jonathan woke up, Emahry came out of the sling and he went in. He liked sitting slightly upright in the sling. I finished cleaning the kitchen and then sat down to nurse. I think most people would be able to nurse in this sling, but I was not. The reason nursing in the sling didn't work for me is that Jonathan likes to practice his swimming strokes while nursing and didn't enjoy being so cuddled against me. As soon as he finished nursing, I placed him back in the sling and he was asleep within 3 minutes.

So far, I've really enjoyed this sling. The sizing is based on a simple measurement from your shoulder to the opposite hip. This custom made pouch sling is comfortable and easy to use since there are no buckles or rings to adjust. There are also many fabric options and the prices are very reasonable ranging from $20 to $35. Finally, the slings are easy to care for and can simply be thrown in the wash with the rest of the laundry.

Here are a some more of my favorite things from Steel Magnolia Creations.

Click on the photo to view each listing or simply browse their entire shop.

Like something you see? Steel Magnolia Creations has generously offered all of my readers 25% off of their purchase when they contact Christy and mention that they read about her shop at A Heart For Home.



Interested in having your shop featured in our Etsy Shop Showcase? Leave me a comment & find out more here.

Also, view all of our Etsy Shop Showcases listed in the left sidebar.

What types of reviews would you like to see? I'd greatly appreciate your ideas, so please leave me a comment.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I took my first trip to buy groceries with both boys by myself yesterday and Hayden happily slept all the way around Wal-Mart in the sling! I love that thing, and obviously so does he!!!

December 2, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Slings are the best. I use mine EVERY day at home and when we go out. It makes holding on to the older kids easier because I still have two hands. That site has great prices!

December 2, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home